As we are in the midst of the holiday season, it can only mean ONE thing.. you get to eat, and eat A LOT! That’s always always always a good thing, right? It also means another thing, for my husband, which is..duck hunting season. Over the past week, he has gotten up at 4:30 am every single morning to go duck hunting. I cannot even fathom that thought, but he loves it and I get to reap the benefits..DUCK WRAPS!
These are what we are going to be talking about on the ole blog today, and you’ll definitely want to stay tuned. It’s an easy peasy recipe, except for the waking up at 4:30 am to go hunt the meat.
Before we get into the recipe, here is a picture of my husband’s view while duck hunting. Okay, so maybe it would be worth going one day, who knows.
Isn’t that view lovely?!
Cast of Characters:
-6 large jalapenos
-1 block of cream cheese
-1 package of thick cut bacon
-1 speckled belly goose
-a generous amount of a spicy seasoning of your choice
-a generous amount of black pepper
-Italian dressing (just enough to coat the wraps)
- Begin by cutting each breast into 6 pieces.
- Season the breast pieces with Italian dressing, spicy seasoning, and pepper.
- Halve and deseed each jalapeño, which will give you 12 pieces to work with.
- Now it’s time for the fun part, putting the wraps together. Grab one piece of duck, one piece of jalapeño, and however much cream cheese to your liking. Wrap all three things with one piece of the bacon.
- Place a toothpick through the middle of the wrap to hold everything in place while grilling.
- Place the wraps on a very very hot grill just long enough to crisp the bacon (these directions are coming from my husband. He is not a very particular person, as you can see).
- Place the wraps into a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- DIG IN!
Don’t these look delicious?!
Because they absolutely are!
All of my husband’s hard work sure did pay off, and I’m ever so grateful!
I secretly get excited for duck season just for these delicious flying things!
I hope this motivates you to wake up at 4:30 am just to go hunt some food to put on the table!
Happy Hunting everyone! 🙂