This beef stew recipe is one of mine and my husband’s absolute favorites this time of year because it warms you right up when it’s chilly outside. It’s easy and it will get your house smelling soooo sooooo good! Here is how you make it:
Serves 4-6 happy bellies
-4 tablespoons olive oil
-1 tablespoon butter
-2 pounds of beef stew meat
-1 white onion, diced
-4 garlic cloves
-1 can or bottle of beer
-4 cups of beef broth
-3 tablespoons worcestershire
-3 tablespoons tomato paste
-2 teaspoons paprika (for a little extra kick)
-salt and pepper to taste, I tend to use lots because of the potoatoes
-2 teaspoons of sugar
-4-6 small new potatoes, diced
-4-6 whole carrots, unpeeled and diced
- Start by heating the pot you are going to use for the soup with the olive oil and butter.
- Throw in the meat just long enough to sear it. You do not want to thoroughly cook it, as that is what the simmering is for later on. Remove from pot.
- Throw in the onion and garlic cloves and cook for a few minutes until the onion and garlic are tender.
- Pour in the can of beer.
- Pour in the beef broth.
- Worcestershire sauce.
- Tomato paste.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Then, return the meat to the pot and simmer for 1.5-2 hours on low heat. Until the meat is very tender.
- Add the potatoes and carrots to the pot after the 1.5-2 hours of simmering, and simmer for another 30 minutes or an hour until the veggies and potatoes become tender.
- If you like your stew thicker, you can add a couple of tablespoons of flour to thicken it up.
- Grab some bread and enjoy your delicious beef stew